The following is a list of some practical steps from the STANDARD Pest Management experts that you can take to avoid unwanted and injurious pests from interfering with your summer fun.
- Trim trees so they do not touch your building. Many pests, especially ants, gain access this way.
- Seal up holes around pipes, cable entry points and remove lint accumulation from dryer flaps.
- Pest proof the base of all exterior doors especially the garage as it often provides pest harborage.
- Store refuse and recyclables away from the exterior as they can attract a number of pests.
- Keep firewood and debris away from the house and make sure it's up off the ground.